WANASAH Privacy Notice
We understand that your health issues are private. All members of Wanasah are committed to respecting your privacy.
Collection of Personal Health Information (PHI)
We get personal health information directly from you, from other health care providers or from someone acting on your behalf. This can include your name, date of birth, address, health history and records of your visits. Sometimes, we collect personal health information about you from other sources. We only do this if you have agreed or if the law allows it.
We use and disclose personal health information to…
- To treat and care for you
- To improve the quality of your care
- To teach future health care workers
- To conduct research
- To obey laws and regulations
- To receive payments for your treatment and care (from OHIP, WSIB, your private insurer or others)
We take steps to protect your personal health information from theft, loss and unauthorized access, copying, modification, use, disclosure, and disposal.
We conduct audits and complete investigations to monitor and manage our privacy compliance.
We take steps to ensure that everyone who performs services for us protects your privacy and only uses your personal health information for the purposes you have consented to.
How to contact us
If you have a complaint or concern:
- If you are comfortable doing so, speak with your counsellor/case manager or another member of your care team.
- If you are not comfortable speaking with a member of your care team, contact Wanasah’s Privacy Officer (email@example.com) or the Information and Privacy Commissioner of Ontario.